1. The university firewall protects the UPJŠ network from all unwanted communication from the Internet.
2. Blocks all incoming connections not requested from the UPJŠ network.
3. SMTP connections are blocked on outgoing connections, which are often abused to send viruses and spam. Connections to local SMTP servers are allowed.
4. ICMP (ping, etc.) is mutually enabled.
5. Should a user need to have any of the TCP/UDP ports unblocked for work, they can send a request to the appropriate faculty computer network administrator. The administrator, after considering the necessity of unblocking the port and instructing the user, may unblock the port.
6. If a problem with the network service is reported, the service will be blocked.