Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Kosice - Faculty of Medicine

українська
Website
Phone Book
AIS2

History of Department

Department of Histology and Embryology was established in academic year 1949/1950. Professor MUDr. Ivan Stanek, the head of Department of histology and embryology of Medical Faculty in Bratislava, elaborated the first working conception. He participated in development of department by technical and profesional advice as well as by donation of literature, histological slides and schemes, together with professor MVDr. et RNDr.V. Vrtíš from Medical Faculty in Hradec Králové. The first head of Department of Histology and Embryology was charged MUDr. Ivan Porazík (1949-1953). In the next years the people were head of the department:

- MUDr. A. Kočiš, 1953 – 1956
- doc. MUDr. L. Hrubý, CSc., 1956 – 1961
- prof. MUDr. J. Maršala, DrSc., 1961 – 1986
- prof. MUDr. A. Gomboš, DrSc. 1986 – 1989
- prof. MUDr. J. Porazík, 1990 – 1991
- doc. MUDr. L. Zachariáš, CSc., 1991 – 1997
- prof. MVDr. M. Pomfy, CSc., 1997 – 2010
- prof. MUDr. E. Mechírová, CSc., 2010 – 2012
- doc. MVDr. Jarmila Veselá, CSc., 2012 – 2015
- prof. MUDr. Eva Mechírová, CSc., 2015

Last update: 02.02.2016