Faculty of Medicine at the University of P. J. Šafárik in Košice established Department of Anatomy in August 1, 1949. MUDr. Vladimír Munka assistent of the Anatomy and Topographic Anatomy from Comenius University, Faculty of Medicine in Bratislava, was in charge of creating and leading the department in Šafárik University, Faculty of Medicine in Košice. Despite of difficulties and lack of efficient equipments, standard mode of teaching has started in 1st October 1949. Gradually the department employed more staff and effective team was created. Also conditions of material used were slowly improved and new dissecting rooms and all other related facilities and rooms were established.
Doc. MUDr. Gregor, CSc., MUDr. J. Skokan, Doc. MUDr. J. Ďurovičová, CSc., Doc. MUDr. M. Kočišová, CSc., Prof. MUDr. K. Schmidtová, CSc., Prof. MUDr. D. Kluchová, PhD. – these people were in front line of all these improvements in the department. The teaching quality and research area were improved and a lot of progress were made in the Department of Anatomy up to present time.