The Faculty of Medicine at the University established the Department of Anatomy on 1st August 1949. The Department was founded by MUDr. Vladimír Munka, assistant professor of Anatomy and Topographic Anatomy from Comenius University in Bratislava. At the beginning, the Department lacked high quality equipment for teaching, however, the teaching promptly started on 1st October 1949. For over 70 years, the Department has been gradually improving the quality of teaching and the departmental premises and facilities, including dissecting rooms, lecture theatres and many more.
Important figures: Doc. MUDr. Gregor, CSc., MUDr. J. Skokan, Doc. MUDr. J. Ďurovičová, CSc., Doc. MUDr. M. Kočišová, CSc., Prof. MUDr. K. Schmidtová, CSc., Prof. MUDr. D. Kluchová, PhD.
List of Heads of Departments in chronological order:
- Prof. MUDr. V. Munka, DrSc., 1949 – 1986
- Prof. MUDr. A. Gomboš, DrSc., 1986 – 1992
- Doc. MUDr. M. Kočišová, CSc., 1992 – 2004
- Prof. MUDr. K. Schmidtová, CSc., 2004 – 2008
- Prof. MUDr. D. Kluchová, PhD., 2008 – 2016
- Doc. MUDr. Ingrid Hodorová, PhD., since 2016