|Trieda SNP 1, 040 11 Košice, tel.: +421 55 235 4137||Slovenská verzia|
Department was established at Children´s University Hospital Košice in January 15th 2017.
- Teaching of doctors degree in General Medicine specialization, in Slovak language and in English language: Pediatrics and Anesthesiology and Intensive Medicine
- Specialized training for the doctors for qualification of Anesthesiology and Intensive Medicine and Pediatrics
The workplace in clinical research is focused on early diagnosis and treatment of sepsis and septic shock in children.
Therapeutic and preventive activity:
Intensive and resuscitative care:
- The complete intensive and resuscitative care on critically ill children (from birth up to 18 yr. + 364 days), with life-threatening conditions and necessity of specialized management in critical situation
- Consultative activity and discussion for other workplaces, including execution diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and transportation of critically ill children
- Anesthesiologic activity is performed from analgosedation to general anesthesia during therapeutic or diagnostic procedures of various types with target of safety and without any damage or worsening of condition
- Examination before surgery and other procedures with necessity of various degree of anesthesia / analgesia, identification of degree of risks and plan of preoperative preparation and way of the anesthesiologic approaches.
2008: MUDr. Mária Pisarčíková, PhD. – Bronze medal of Slovak Medical Society
2013: MUDr. Mária Pisarčíková, PhD. – Silver medal of Slovak Medical Societ
2018: MUDr. Mária Pisarčíková, PhD. – Gold Medal Slovak Medical Society
07.05.2023: The Price of Košice City (for all group of our department)
The personal of the Department of Pediatric Anesthesiology and Intensive Medicine is the founder of civil association Detské ARO Košice, which is interested in support and improvement of the care of the critically ill children and support of their parents and caregivers.