When writing a thesis, proceed according to Art. 17 of the PhD Study Regulations at UPJŠ in Košice.
The full-time PhD student registers * for the dissertation examination (DE) in advance, no later than 24 months from the beginning of the doctoral study.
The PhD student in external form applies for the DE in advance, no later than 3 years from the beginning of the doctoral study.
The condition for granting consent for the implementation of DE is the completion of the study part in the prescribed composition of subjects and obtaining at least 90 credits, if the study in full-time form is four years and in external form five years.
* It is considered to get registered:
- submission of an application for permission of the dissertation exam
- submission of a written work for the dissertation examination in 2 copies (comb binding),
- submission of an electronic version of the thesis (in pdf).
Length of work: at least 30 pages of text.
Documents for DE must be submitted to: Department of Scientific-Research Activities
Instruction and Forms
- Principles for dissertation examination
- The all needed forms you can find in one place: Forms
- Application for permission of the dissertation exam
- Specimen of the first page of the written work for the dissertation exam
- Specimen of the first and second page of the dissertation
- Specimen of the first and second page of the abstract