|Amman Košice Brno Malta Brno Košice Malta Leipzig|
Training for students in Košice
The MediTec project’s training for students in Košice, Slovakia was organized from 1st to 14th September 2019. The agenda of the training was conducted as a combination of selected lectures and practical lessons from theoretical and clinical disciplines taught at Pavol Jozef Safarik University in Kosice, Faculty of Medicine.
Information for participants
Pavol Jozef Safarik University in Kosice, Faculty of Medicine
Trieda SNP 1
040 11 Kosice
Bus/Tram Stop: Nova nemocnica (New hospital)
The training for students started on 2 September 2019 at 9:00 am by registration of participants. The registration took place in the lecture hall P2 (Trieda SNP 1, Kosice).
- Proposed topics
- Changes in schedule:
- Practical lessons from Friday 6.9.2019, 13:15 moved to Thursday 5.9.2019, 14:45
- Practical lesson “Public Health and Hygiene” on Tuesday 10.9.2019, 10:45 substituted by practical lesson “Cardiology” at East Slovak Institute of Heart and Vascular Diseases
- Lecture “Forensic Medicine” on Wednesday 11.9.2019, 10:45 substituted by lecture “Cardiology”
- The students (trainees) can choose any hotels they prefer. However, they should be aware of the financial limits set in the project budget. Different hotel categories can be found at booking.com.
- In order to be as close to the Faculty of Medicine as possible and to save money, it is possible to book accommodation in student dormitories at Medická Street 4 or 6 (cheap alternative – app. 15,-EUR/night, rooms for 1 or 2 students with bathroom – limited capacity). To book a room, simply write a request to email@example.com or call +421552341684 or +421556431689.
Halls of Residence and Students’ Canteen
Medická Street 4, 6
040 11 Košice
If you need a taxi from the airport (bus/railway station) to the Faculty of Medicine at Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice (Trieda SNP 1, Bus/Tram Stop: Nova nemocnica (New hospital)) or to the hotel where you stay, you can take it directly at the airport (bus/railway station). The price per taxi from the airport (bus/railway station) is 10 € (approximately).
Alternatively, you can use cheaper public transport (bus number 23). You can buy the travel tickets in the most of kiosks, DPMK (public transport in Košice) shops and ticket machines or in the vehicle sold by driver. The prices of the basic tickets are (starting from 1 September 2019):
- 30 minutes ride: 0,90 € (more lines during 30 minutes)
- 60 minutes ride: 1,00 € (more lines during 60 minutes)
- 24 hour ticket: 3,20 €
- 7 day ticket: 12,00 €
Medicka 4 to Trieda SNP 1
Medicka 4 to Srobarova 2
Medicka 4 to Bacikova 7
No special dress is required during the lectures. However, for some practical lab exercises, it will be good for students to have a lab coat (usually white, but color is not important) and indoor shoes to maintain clean conditions.
Selected lectures of the training for students: Opening: UPJS and Medical Informatics, Human Anatomy: Thoracic wall – structure, blood supply and innervation, Diencephalon, Basal ganglia, Cranial nerves, Histology and embryology: embryology, Bone tissue, Histology practical lesson, Nursing Care and Bandages of upper extremity, Enema, Blood Pressure, Pulse Rate, Medical Biophysics: Ultrasound diagnostic methods, Experimental Medicine: Modulation of gut microbiome in prevention and treatment of chronic diseases, Medical Physiology: Sensory systems – Vision, Public Health and Hygiene: Concepts of Prevention and Control, Gynaecology and Obstetrics: Gynecological and obstetric simulators, Anaesthesiology and Intensive Medicine, Sepsis, Practical exercises in Anesthesiology, Preventive Cardiology, Statins, Simulations in surgery, Surgery of the colon and rectum, Forensic Medicine: Concept of forensic medicine, Dental Medicine, Professional Tooth Cleaning
Weather in Kosice