Application Procedure for Erasmus+ Incoming Students
Before you come to study to Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice, we have to go together through some procedure. Please, read carefully the following step-by-step information:
- Contact the International Relations Office of your home University and find out whether your department or University has a Bilateral Agreement with Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice for the respective academic year. You can also refer to our list of Partner Universities (Partner Universities according to Countries, Partner Universities according to Field of Study).
If your department or university has a Bilateral Agreement with the Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice, you have to be officially nominated by your home University as Erasmus Student. The nominations are done by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadlines for nomination for study:
15th May for the winter semester and the whole academic year
15th November for the summer semester
Deadlines for nomination for traineeships:
There are no deadlines for the nomination for the traineeships, we accept students during the whole academic year.
!!! ATTENTION !!!
Due to some changes in the legislation of the Slovak Republic, we would like to ask our partner universities to include the following information about their students in the nomination:
- country of origin
Students from non-EU countries will have to submit several specific documents during the application procedure. We will send them the list of the necessary documents as soon as we receive the nomination. For further information please consult the administrative guide: ENTRY, STAY AND EMPLOYMENT OF FOREIGNERS IN SLOVAKIA - guide to administrative duties.
Deadlines for applications for study are:
15th June for the winter semester / the whole academic year
30th November for the summer semester
- Print and fill in the following documents:
Learning Agreement For Studies
Learning Agreement For Traineeships
- For further information about your study programme, please look at the relevant ECTS Information Package,
- contact the responsible Departmental Erasmus Coordinator of our University. The Learning Agreement Form is to be confirmed/signed by the Institutional and the Departmental Erasmus Coordinator of your home University,
- Course Catalogue – use the catalogue when choosing your courses
Language Proficiency Form
English Language Certificate - Please note that the required level of English language knowledge of Erasmus students is B1/B2, according to the Common European Framework of Reference. Please attach a copy of the certificate to your application. In case you do not have a language certificate, please make sure that you and your coordinator fill out the Language Proficiency Form.
- Send all forms together (Learning Agreement, Accommodation Application Form, and the Language Certificate) to us by by e-mail to: email@example.com
or by regular mail to:
Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice
International Relations Office
041 80 Košice
- Copies of all documents approved by our University will be sent by regular mail or e-mail to your home University (IRO). Our Erasmus Coordinator will also inform you without delay by e-mail about the acceptance for a study programme and about your accommodation.
- !!! IMPORTANT !!! Incoming students of the Faculty of Medicine are required to hand in a confirmation of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Without this confirmation they will not be allowed to attend classes. The Vaccination Certificate should be hand in in English language as an officially translated document.
After you have been accepted as an Erasmus Student by our University, please keep in touch with our IRO.
Before making any arrangement regarding your travel to Slovakia, please carefully study the following document: ENTRY, STAY AND EMPLOYMENT OF FOREIGNERS IN SLOVAKIA - guide to administrative duties or contact the nearest Slovak Republic Embassy. We also recommend you to carefully study the following document: INTERNATIONAL STUDENT´S GUIDE TO SLOVAKIA.
Arrange your travel ticket, health insurance, prepare all documents needed for stay in Slovakia (passport, visa – for non-EU countries, permission for a temporary residence in Slovakia if needed).
If you wish to study Slovak language, we will try to arrange a course for you (it usually depends on the number of interested students).
Inform the IRO about the exact date of your arrival!
The beginning of the winter semester of the academic year 2021/2022 is September 20, 2021.
More information will be available later.
If you need to visit the foreign police for registration or completing materials for stay in Slovakia, the international relations will arrange a person, who will accompany you on this first visit.
DURING YOUR STAY
We will try to help you with all issues concerning your stay at our University. The Departmental Coordinator will help you with the academic issues.
International Relations Office – office hours:
Monday, Tuesday: 12.00 – 15.00
Thursday, Friday: 8.00 – 11.00
If you need to visit the IRO out of office hours, please make an appointment via email in advance.
Last update: 28.05.2021