The Online Language Support (OLS) is designed to help Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps participants improve their knowledge of the language in which they will work, study or volunteer abroad so that they can make the most out of this experience.
- The Online Language Support (OLS) is available for the participants of the Erasmus+ student mobilities (study, traineeship, traineeship for recent graduates).
- The OLS is available here.
- The aim of the OLS is to improve the quality of the mobility and to monitor the impact of the mobility on language skills.
- The OLS consists of 2 parts: language assessment and language course.
- OLS will be available for all European Union languages: Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Estonian, Spanish, Finnish, French, Irish Gaelic, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Maltese, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian and Swedish.
- On top of this, OLS will also be available in the official languages of Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps programme countries: Icelandic, Macedonian, Norwegian, Serbian and Turkish.
- Each student whose language of study/language of work at the receiving organisation is available in the OLS system is required to complete an online language test prior to the commencement of his/her mobility. Native speakers are an exception to this rule.
- The language assessment is carried out at the beginning of the mobility and it is compulsory for the students.
- The instructions for the first language assessment will be sent to the student’s email address by the IRO after the financial agreement is signed. The test determines the student’s level of knowledge, but the achieved result does not affect the student’s mobility.
- The average time taken to perform the assessment is approximately 30 to 35 minutes. However, there is no time limit and you may take as long as you wish to complete this assessment.
- These different test sections aim to evaluate your communicative competence as well as your grammatical, lexical and spelling skills in an integrated manner.
Participants who wish to improve their language proficiency have the opportunity to follow online language courses before and during their time abroad. Access to the language course includes a great variety of interactive and tailor-made activities. Participants can follow language courses in any of the available languages on OLS without limitation to the number of languages and study units.