Technicom - University Science Park
The Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice, particularly its Faculty of Science cooperates within this project with the University of Prešov in Prešov and with the Technical University in Košice, who is the main coordinator of the project. As an output of the project the involved universities have established the Association Technicom.
The strategic objective of this project is to build the “Technicom” University Science Park, which will be an internationally acknowledged centre of research and transfer of technologies in the field of innovative applications to support knowledge-based technologies. The first specific objective of the project is to ensure the organization and management of building and running the USP through scientific management. The second specific objective is to build a real and functioning park infrastructure as a sophisticated research and technology unit. The third specific objective is to ensure top applied research and development in selected areas of science, including the social and humanitarian dimensions:
- information and communication technologies
- electrical engineering, automation and control systems
- civil engineering (construction, transport, geodesy)
- environmental engineering (mining, metallurgy, sciences of water management) including the social
- and humanitarian dimensions.
The main objective is to reach the following functions:
- to ensure the creation of business incubators for small and for medium “Hi-Tech” businesses, for start-ups, and for spin-off firms, which are generated mainly on the basis of relevant research results and developments, which were carried out within the research and innovating activities and projects of the universities and the institutes of the Slovak Academy of Sciences,
- to support a wide-ranging, effective and mutually beneficial cooperation concentrating on research and development among the institutes of the universities, the Slovak Academy of Sciences, and the organizations from the social and economic spheres,
- to ensure proper conditions for a sustainable development of research with a permanent impact on transfer of knowledge and technologies, and on the innovative practice on regional, national and on international level,
- to become a primary contact for those firms, which are interested in a cooperation with research and development teams from the institutes of the universities.
The main research areas at the Pavol Jozef Šafárik University are:
- data science
- development of tools and methods of virtual collaboration
- development of information systems for a management of study and research and development agenda
- research of innovative human-computer interactions
- research and development of methods of geoprocessing in geospatial technologies and services
- research and implementation of solutions in the area of cyber-security.
In terms of the project University Science Park Technicom we build the following laboratories and supporting facilities:
All laboratories exploit Computational and network node.
Particular laboratories form the base of the Center of information science and information technologies of Technology and innovation park of P.J. Šafárik University.
Further information concerning project and related activities can be found at the WEB page of the main project partner.
Last update: 06.11.2018